Authorized centre for color measuring
Color Concepts is proud to be the authorized service center for Barbieri spectrophotometer devices in North America. Since 2015, customers in the U.S., Canada and Mexico work directly with Color Concepts’ lab in Salt Lake City to get their Spectro LFP, SpectroSwing and Spectropad devices calibrated and repaired.
Service includes firmware updates, replacement of reference white tile, thorough system functionality check and calibration of your Barbieri device to restore it to original factory standards. Upon completion, a certificate will be issued to you. Any additional parts required to restore the device to calibration standards will be billed additionally, on a time and parts basis. Recalibration is strongly recommended every 18 months to ensure optimum operation and longevity of the device.
Troubleshooting, repair and replacement of parts in order to restore the device to operation. Costs are billed on a time and parts basis. Estimates of service costs will be provided prior to initiation of repair.
To initiate service
2. You will receive an email that informs you of your RMA number. This number is required prior to shipping your device. Please make sure your device is labeled with the RMA number for easy identification.
3. You will send your device to our lab for service.
4. For repair service, you will receive an estimate of cost. This needs to be approved by customer prior to repair service being executed.
5. When service is complete, the invoice is sent and must be paid.
6. Once payment is resolved, return shipment is arranged and you will receive tracking information.
Important information for customers
Devices being sent in for service, should ONLY use Barbieri original packaging with the custom foam inserts. It is STRONGLY discouraged to use any other packaging, as we see significant damage from shipping in many devices that are not shipped properly.
Recalibration* – SpectroSwing: $705.00
Recalibration* – Spectropad: $525.00
Repair/Service*: Billed on parts and labor basis. Labor billed at a rate of $130.00/hour, rounded to the nearest quarter hour. Cost of parts are set by Barbieri per their standard pricing.